Friday, May 20, 2005

Grad School??

I’m in a bit of a dilemma. If I want to go to grad school or law school I need to get my ass in gear. I haven’t taken my GRE’s or LSAT’s yet. So step one is getting them out of the way. Then I need to start looking at schools. If I want to go in Fall ’06 I need to really get moving.

BUT, do I really want to go? I make a rather decent paycheck now. It’s going to be hard to go back to only making $5000 a year. I have gotten accustomed to my life style. Going out and buying several CD’s a week, nice dinners out, expensive clothing, shoes… Giving that up is going to be tough.

I still want to go to grad school. Getting my PhD has been a dream of mine for years. When people told me that going to the real world then back to school was going to be tough, they weren’t kidding. So will I go back? Definitely. Will it be next year? Now I’m not so sure.

3 Comments:

At Friday, May 20, 2005 10:45:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

there's always time for school.
my mother went back to school for a masters when she was around forty.
But she took a lot of time off to raise me and my sister. I've never heard you say anything that would make me believe you're heading down that path :)

 
At Friday, May 20, 2005 11:07:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

and just because I can razz you here without fear of physical retribution...why the hell is Amazon on your links. Do you really think there's anyone who hasn't been there?
you should put gaypony.com up there. You'd think a site with a name like that would be a one liner but its one of the more enigmatic sites I've seen (who the hell are these people?).

 
At Sunday, November 06, 2005 5:25:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

red...qcvcycik

The PH.D has always been a dream of mine...especially growing up in Pittsburgh...it was taught that it's important to go to school...I currently have my BS and it's been 3 years and I haven't done anything to pursue my master...I can relate...My career doesn't require that I go to school to continue to rise up...but one of my dreams has always been to teach at university but all in God's time...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home