Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Orgasm Day!

Town in Brazil declares orgasm day...
A small town in Northeast Brazil usually known for its conservative religious views declares Orgasm Day a holiday. The Mayor of town Felipe Santolia endorsed the May 9 holiday, which he said was intended to improve relationships between married couples.
SF gate reports...
"We're celebrating orgasm in all its senses. There's even a panel discussion on premature ejaculation. But from what I've seen, women have more trouble achieving orgasm than men, especially in marriage," Santolia said by telephone from Esperantina, 1,300 miles north of Rio de Janeiro.
Orgasm Day celebrations include a series of panel discussions by sexologists from across Brazil and a presentation of Eve Ensler's play "The Vagina Monologues."
Santolia said the idea of celebrating Orgasm Day at first created a scandal in this poor region, known for its religious fervor. But he said residents gradually residents warmed to the idea.
"I've seen scientific studies that show when a woman is unloved, when her husband can bring her to orgasm, it affects all aspects of her life, her relationships with her children, at home, with the city and at work," Santolia said.
Like whoa!

(from feministing.com)

1 Comments:

At Sunday, November 06, 2005 5:00:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

blue jlszb...

5 years ago...I would have focused on the orgasm day thing...but today...I celebrate it everyday...being careful not to use sex as a way to numb out or change the way I feel...I think celebrating (ha ha ha, having) an orgasm daily or twice daily, once in the morning and once in the evening is healthy if I am not doing it to numb out or change the way I feel...when I was at PSU...I would do it all the time and not to go into, but would use and be used which was a vicious cycle...but I think it's totally healthy...and if you are living in a hotel...working the hours you do...I am sure you better have some good NiCa Rechargeables...but I think that is totally healthy...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home