Monday, August 22, 2005

Chicago

So I am home from my mini vacation. Here’s a run down:

Thursday

Drove to Philly to catch the plane to Chicago bright and early.
Couldn’t find parking, but got a spot off site
Got right through Security
Made it to my gate several hours early
Early enough in fact to see the plane before mine to Chicago take off.
Two hours later… the cancelled my flight due to a thunderstorm in Chicago.
They attempted to put me on two other flights on other airlines for that day
I got turned away at the gate both times
The got me on an afternoon flight for the next day.
Needless to say, I was pissed.
Ended up staying with a co-worker in Philly and we got Cheesestakes

Friday

Got up early to get to the airport
Boarded the airplane, then sat on the runway for over an hour
My one phone decided not to work (I later ripped Cingular a new one)
The other phone’s battery died
Thus leaving me no way to get a hold of Nick to tell him I would be late
Finally got into Chicago 24 hours after I was supposed to be there
Did a brief tour of downtown where we say kids playing in the new Millennium Park Fountain.



Went for Dinner then out with Nick, my old co-worker Karen, and Nicks friends for drinks.

Karen and I


Saturday

Went out to Nick’s parents’ house in the burbs for Nicks sisters B-day.
Made Nick’s parents fall even more in love with me… they are ready to adopt
We met up with Karen and had amazing Indian for dinner
Moseyed down to Navy Pier for the Fireworks


Chicago at Night from the PierNick and I at the Pier


Then, went out to drink


Sunday

Lunch with Karen and Nick on the 96th floor of the Hancock building (the third largest building in the city)


Took the River and Lake Architecture Tour

Us on the Boat


Nick and I went back to his apt and exchanged Christmas gifts (yes, better late then never) and BB-Q’d
He got me a wicked Pirate wench. Arrrrrgggghhhh. I want to be a swashbuckler when I grow up.
Then we watched JAWS

Monday

Got up
Road the L to the airport
Now I’m back… unfortunately

Random Thoughts

Chicago wasn’t the same without Jess :- (
Unlike NYC, Chicago has fat people
I finally saw the Blues Brothers, it was very appropriate
Nick and Karen are horrible drivers :-P
You meet the oddest people on Airplanes
Overall, the people of Chicago are good people
I realized how much I have changed in a year
I need to move to a city
Vacations aren’t long enough

Oh yeah, and Nick likes the shirt I got him....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home