Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Now What?

It has been a while since I have written. I have now been unemployed for about a week and a half now and I am still adjusting. After working 12-14 hour days for 14 days in a row before having time off; then on my days off traveling all over creation to see my friends and family. It is odd to suddenly turn off. Yet, turn off I have. I have done absolutely nothing besides sit on my ass, eat, watch TV, and spend time with my family.

However, I am already getting a little stir crazy. I am really not used to just sitting around; I may be enjoying it, but I am starting to crave my freedom and living alone. I do feel a little directionless though. I think I may be going through a quarter life crises. I feel even more directionless then I did in the last part of college. I feel like I did pick one path and it didn’t work out and now I need to find a new direction.

I have lots of possibilities. To begin with is to look for a new job in non-profit land. If that doesn’t pan out then I have other options; first of all, I am thinking of maybe staying here and being an emergency substitute teacher and then if I like it, going back to school and getting my teaching certificate. Or maybe moving to a big city and finding a crap job before going to grad school. I’m not really sure. Yet, I really do feel like this is a new beginning.

Wish me luck.

1 Comments:

At Wednesday, November 30, 2005 5:56:00 PM, Blogger Rolligun said...

"Possibilies" thats the key word, a symptom of inspiration that gives the releif of optimism...

now is the time to do something unconventional, that you would otherwise not have the time to do!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home