Saturday, June 04, 2005

The Cops and You

So today we were about to leave the office and I was standing near the window when I heard sirens. Turning, I saw a pickup truck being chased by two police cars. They pulled right into the lawn in front of me and the cops leapt out of there cruisers, guns blazing, yelling at the driver of the pick-up to get out, get on the ground and put his hands on his head. By this point my co-worker had jumped up as well, flipped out the lights and joined me at the window. So, we watched the cops frisk the guy and scream at him, “Where’s the Gun!” The guy apparently told him, because they looked in the back seat and pulled a gun out, unload it, and take the bullet out of the chamber. The cops proceeded to put the driver into the police car, after stating that driver was not under arrest, and question him.

So the dumbass starts singing like a bird. From what we could hear from our window perch apparently the guy got into a fight with this girlfriend and she told him to leave. So he starts packing up his stuff, and I guess continue to fight with the girl, because her father comes in and starts screaming at him, “I’m going to kill you!” So the guy did the only logical thing; he pulled his gun on the father and his girlfriend. Smart.

That’s about all we heard. This guy is one stupid mother fucker. First off, I just need to say, he should go to jail, what a dumbass. ANYWAY, this guy’s first mistake (besides pulling a gun on someone) is to not ask for a lawyer. Just thought being nice to the cops and telling them everything would keep him out of trouble. Ummm… no. He could possibly be charged with assault with a deadly weapon. Again, stupid mother fucker.

I guess what I am getting to is that people really don’t know how to deal with cops. And people should. So, I am here to lend some advice… or at least direct people in the right direction. Here is the ACLU’s Know Your Rights: What to do if You're Stopped by the Police. Because I know, if there are any people who need it, it’s my friends. Love ya!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home