Monday, June 27, 2005

It has been a very long few weeks. As I said before, my father died suddenly and unexpectedly. He died at home peacefully, which is just the way he would have wanted it. It has been hard for all of us but I don’t think it has entirely sunk in yet. Like today, something happened and I thought, “I should call dad…” Then it hits me that I can’t.

Anyway, the funeral was beautiful, a lot of people showed up and said a lot of beautiful things about my father. It really shows how much one person can be loved by the people around them and what a good man my father was.

So, I guess I just want to take this moment to say thank you to those around me. The out poring of love I have felt over the past weeks has been tremendous. My friends and family have been amazing, and I need to say a special thank you to Jessica and Brian. But I want to say that to not just them, but to everyone who has been so wonderful: friends, family and co-workers and you all mean an incredible amount to me.

I know it will get easier with time and I won’t cry every time I think of him. But for now, I know that I still have to morn. I am canceling my vacation and going home at the end of this week and the beginning of next to take care of more business. I will get back to normal postings eventually…

This post has been a bit jumbled, but I guess I will just leave everyone with this: Tell your parents and those you care about that you love them, I should have told my daddy more often.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home