Monday, March 06, 2006

Little Bits

So I don’t have anything big to write about but lots of little stuff; so I figured for everyone’s entertainment, I would do a lot of little posts. Enjoy.

The people in the Midwest freak me out. They are nice!! WTF? Maybe it is because I am used to people on the east cost and the attitudes of New Yorkers, Philadelphians and folks in DC who would rather run you over then tell you what time it is. But people here are different. They go out of there way to be friendly. For example, yesterday I hunted down the El stop near my apartment to go downtown. So I went to the one entrance that I knew of and it turns out that there was no ticket vending machine to get a card to swipe through to get onto the train. Not knowing what to do I asked someone who was getting off to give me directions to the main entrance. But instead of telling me where to go, she just used her card and swiped me in. If I was in NYC, the person would have probably given me wrong directions then mugged me. And that is just the beginning. It’s a very different feel here. Random people have told me different places to look for jobs, given me advice, recommended restaurants, and generally welcomed me to the city. Crazy.

Watched the Oscars last night with Sarah while eating baked Bre and Indian food. Good times. But Crash didn’t deserve to win. It was too shove down your throat obvious. Brokeback Mountain was the better movie by far. This is going to be one of those years that people will look back on and realize that the Academy made a HUGH mistake. Anyway, I love the Oscars, but actually in my opinion Walk the Line was the best pic of the year and I have seen Capote, Brokeback, Crash, and Munich... but that’s just me. I'm a nerd.

I love my apartment. I do. Except the water pressure. Sometimes it is so bad that the hot water doesn’t even turn on. At all. Like not even a drip comes through. It’s really bad. And when it is on it is just a small trinkle that comes through. My friend joked when I turned on the water and showed him the situation, “Welp, now you know what it is like to be peed on.” *Sigh*

Happily though, my DSL and my phone are up and running. Yippee.

But, still no job. Boooo.

The family is coming into town this weekend to see the place, bring the rest of my furniture, including my bed, and meet the Coach. Yeah!!!

My new couch and loveseat were to be delivered today. The showed up. But they were the wrong color. So, I sent them back. Called the store and the ones that are the right color will be showing up on Thursday. Argh.

I have the worst luck. This also means that I will not be going home this week to get the cats.

My boyfriend is amazing. More on this at a later date.

Finally, on a completely unrealated subject, I am becoming more and more increasingly disturbed by the current abortion debate and the South Dakota ban. Didn’t we already fight this fight years ago and won? What is wrong with this country? Who would have thunk we'd have to fight for abortion rights all over again? What's next on this fearful agenda? Separate water fountains? A longer entry about this also at a later date.

Ok, I am going to try to get into the shower again. I tried a while ago and alas, no water! See my problem?

2 Comments:

At Monday, March 06, 2006 4:57:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Freakin' conservatives!

 
At Tuesday, March 07, 2006 1:45:00 PM, Blogger Drunken Chud said...

don't blame conservatives. blame the religious wing of conservativism. the dems have their fair share of anti abortion supporters too mind you. but yes, i am scared, it's a slippery slope to start down. trying to overturn precedent... infringe on rights. ahh the short term memories of the american people...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home