Saturday, October 08, 2005

Unexpected

So I found out this week what I am getting from my dads life insurance. It’s way more then we expected. Now, don’t think it's like $500,000 or something, it’s a lot less, but it IS more then I thought.

I have spent the week thinking about what I am going to do with the unexpected cash. I feel like I need to do something meaningful and something my dad would have approved of. So I decided to pay off my credit card dept, take a really nice vacation, and then save the rest.

I have always wanted to go to Thailand. It has been my dream so now I am going to do it. I went to a travel agent today and talked to them about it. I think I am going to try to go this January or February, and if I have to, alone. BUT, I would really like a travel companion (Yes, I am talking to YOU! Who wants to come with me? I’m serious). This is going to be a trip of a lifetime and I have about 3 week’s vacation time waiting for me. So I am going to go for at least two weeks. Anyone interested?

Anyway, getting all this money has been a bit bittersweet. The money is nice and what I am going to do with it will be great, but I would give anything to have my daddy back…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home