Sunday, April 09, 2006

Busy Yet Uneventful

I know I haven’t been writing much lately. Honestly, I really don’t have much to write about. Don’t get me wrong, I have a lot going on: new city, new job, new love. All of this adds up to lots of activity but, oddly enough not much to write about. My life has fallen into a comfortable pattern of going to work, talking to the boy at night, sleeping and occasionally going out for a night on the town.

I would probably do more if I had more funds at my disposal. Unfortunately, I don’t. I am making half of what I was at my previous job and now have double the bills. Lovely. And what disposable income I have goes to my monthly visits to Missouri. Which tends to lead to interesting choices, “Hmmm, eat lunch today or save the $5 for gas….” Hopefully, this will all change within the next month if/when they hire me on as staff (currently, I am temp to hire). I probably won’t be making what I was making before, but anything will help. Currently, the Coach is keeping me in food, god bless him. Every time I see him, he loads me up with food so I won’t starve. Good man.

I shouldn’t complain much, I love my new job. I think I have a knack for the work and I really like my new work place and co-workers. And I think they like me as well. My quirky, smartass personality fits in well there. Besides, they bought beer for the office the other day and brought it in for us to drink at the end of the day (while we were all still working, I might add). How cool it that?

Anyway, over the next few weeks I am going to remain busy; Easter with the Coaches whole family (and when I say whole, I mean whole, all 8 million of them) and then a big event for work. I am going to try to make more of a conscious effort to write again. I miss it.

But all in all, I can honestly say moving to Chicago was the best decision I have ever made.

Life is good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home