Sunday, March 19, 2006

Just Friends

So Drunken Chud posed a question about being “Just Friends” with members of the opposite sex. Instead of giving him a quick response, I was inspired to write an entry about it. I have written about this before and I incorporate “When Harry Met Sally” and my rules for being just friends, see 3/18/04 entry. Hey, that’s almost two years ago exactly!! Odd.

Anyway, I am the Queen of being “Just Friends” with boys. Half of my good friends are male. Much to the dismay of my boyfriend, I might add. Actually, one of my best friends is a guy who is here in Chicago. Our relationship has turned into kind of a social experiment. We have never done anything, well, except that one night about two year ago when we did body shots, but that was all we have ever done, and we like it that way. We give each other honest advice about the opposite sex and it works out very well for the both of us. Also, we are always the stand in date if our actual significant others are not available and we have played the “boyfriend” or “girlfriend” on a number of occasions when being unwontedly hit on. I am glad that we have never had sex and I don’t ever want to have sex with him (he feels the same). It would ruin what we have.

Another close friend I have is an ex. We dated briefly our freshman year in college, didn’t speak for a couple of year, and are not fairly close. I should add that we never had sex, we did everything else but never did the dirty. I think part of our relationship is that we are past the sexual tension and can have an actual friendship. We have good times together and I love having him as a friend.

And this is just a very small sampling of my male friends. I mean yes, I know that I still have some male friends that want to get into my pants. And I also know that in the past I have been friends with a guy in hope of more. But it’s nice when you can be “just friends” with a guy. If you can get past the sexual tension part, the rewards of the friendship are well worth it.

1 Comments:

At Sunday, March 19, 2006 5:02:00 PM, Blogger Drunken Chud said...

well played. well played. i do have a close friend who is a "just friend" but we have been friends for around 15 years i think i asked her out around year 1... was shot down, and moved on. but now, i know too much about her, and she about me to ever be be attractive to each other.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home