Saturday, February 19, 2005

My Torrid Affair!

So rumor has it I'm having an affair. To bad nobody told me about it. Well, until Thursday night that is. Came as quite a surprise to say the least.

Here’s what I heard; apparently, I'm sleeping with one of my co-workers. A married one. Oh, wait, this guy is not just married, but on top of it, he has a 9 month old son! DAMN, I’m a home wrecking floozy!!

The man in question and I are friends, he is one of the co-workers that I have really bonded with. And there is NOTHING going on. BUT since men and women can't be JUST friends (silly me for thinking so), the office staff thinks that I am sleeping with him.

Let, me tell ya, I’m PISSED! If you know me at all you know that the reason I believe that women haven’t advanced as much as we should have is because we are constantly fighting over men. And until we stop fighting each other over them (as well as stop stealing each others boyfriends, fiancés and husbands) it will never happen. It’s the way the patriarchy keeps us down, by culturally controlling us into thinking we have to fight each other in order to get the male attention that makes us believe that we will get ahead. Basiclly saying that the only way we gain upward mobility is through marriage to a good man. Fuck that I say.

So, again, I’m a weeee bit pissed. I mean if I were to sleep with a married co-worker AT LEAST it would be someone who would advance my career. ;-)

2 Comments:

At Saturday, February 26, 2005 6:26:00 PM, Blogger alm said...

but it's so fun sleeping with co-workers! lunch-time sex really makes they day go by faster... but mine's not married.... anymore.
:)

 
At Sunday, November 06, 2005 4:34:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

green bfpaz..

I have more female friends than I do men friends...and I usually am seen with a woman and people will talk...My closet friends know if I am sleeping with them or not but the others never will and frankly I don't care what anyone says about me...but I am in a position where my life doesn't matter what I do as long as I show up to my job and preform...Unlike teachers and other's who have a Private/public life...

and all of the people in my circles can only say two things about me...one is the truth and the truth is what it is...the other is a lie and the lies can't hurt me because the people that matter know the truth...but like I said...I don't have to impress anyone or fit a certain mold...and my professional career isn't affected by what goes on in my private life...

But I was taught early on...Don't get your meat where you get your bread...

It always seemed like it would be too awkward because if it turned south then I would still have to go to work...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home