Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Long Year...

I can't believe that it has been a year since I have written here! It has been a long year. Last update was that I was engaged. Well, that is still the case. Still engaged however my life has taken a turn. The Coach had quite his job and was in the process of moving to Chicago with me when due to some crazy turn of events the head coach position of the basketball team he was the Assistant coach of became open. So we talked about it and we decided to change all plans and have me move to Missouri so he could take his dream job.

Now trust me, I have never been the kind of woman to follow a man for his job but being the egalitarian person that I am and since the Coach quit his job and was moving when this all happened, I sucked it up an moved to Jefferson City, MO at the end of July.

So, we have bought a beautiful house, got a crazy puppy and are settling into suburbia. I was luckily able to keep my job as a recruiter at the same company I was at in Chicago and now work from home.

However, I miss Chicago terribly. I thought I had left the small town behind when I left PA a year and a half ago but here I am. I guess we all do crazy things for love. I think that the hardest part is not knowing anyone and not having friends here. So, we are on a 5- 7 year plan to be here then we will see. I want to move back to a city at that point (I know, life happens but that is my goal). While here I am trying to make the best of it; I am volunteering at PP, taking the dog to training classes, I am starting a wheel pottery class tonight and I eventually want to get my Masters degree.

So that is where I am at. One of the reasons that I haven't written was being so busy in Chicago and then with the move. Now that we are settled I have a lot more free time so I am hoping to start writing again. Although we have all heard that before. I have been keeping up a lot more with all the feminists blogs (as an outlet for all the conservationism here) so some posts may be more political, just a heads up. Anyway, it feels good to be writing again, I missed it and all of my readers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home