Tuesday, March 02, 2004

The Game

I hate the Game. I have only been playing it for two months but already I loath it. You others in SingleLand know what I am talking about. The dance you do around others of the opposite sex when you are out on the prowl. I think my problem with the Game is that I am not really that good at it. I approach the target, play around for a little bit and get a feel for the guy. If it is going well then maybe I will pursue it and see said guy again. If not, then I let him go and move on. So far I have had about four guys that in my opinion moved onto level two. All of these options have come about in the past month or so. At first I was REALLY bad at the Game and had no options but now I’m starting to get the hang of it.

Now of those four guys, one was nice but not interested, one has a girlfriend (well HAD a girlfriend) and upon breaking up with her a week later immediately tried to get into my paints the next time he saw me. Ok well get me into HIS pants. Number three was nice at first but again all he wanted was a fuck buddy. Then the latest who was actually very nice and appeared interested but seemed to shy to pursue anything despite my attempts at drawing him out. I think he may turn out to be too much trouble but I will give him another go. So he is not a complete failure yet. All of these guys were pursued over several meetings ranging from a few days to a few weeks. Now four guys may seem like not very many but if you think about it, that comes out to about a guy a week. It’s exhausting!

Now you may be asking why I am even bothering. I guess I am not so sure. My friends have been very willingly throwing new guys in front of me. And trust me I don’t mind. I’m a Women’s Studies and English major of God’s sake. The only men I meet in Women’s Studies are either gay or very, ummm… odd. And the men in the English department tend to be really pretentious and the few good ones are taken. Also, it’s interesting to see who your friends put before you. Except the one friend that is throwing me the guys is also telling them I’m easy. Oh and then she tells them that I am a lesbian. This confuses the guys and gives me more of a challenge to make these guys realize that I am straight and not that easy. She did this to me freshman year when she introduced me to my then soon to be boyfriend, Jason. She told him I was a lesbian and it took me two weeks to subtlety convince him otherwise. My friend has a sick sense of humor. Good thing I love her or I’d have to kick her ass. :-)

So anyway, why am I bothering? I guess I like the thrill of the hunt. Also the hope that one of these times it will pay off. As I have said before I’m not looking for anything serious, just really to have a good time. And I like men. I like hanging out with men. I used to have a lot of male friends but not so much anymore. Ok, ok so I guess secretly I sometimes really like the Game. The times when I meet a new guy and things seem to be going well. It’s fun. So I guess for now I will keep playing and maybe sometime it will pay off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home