Tuesday, February 24, 2004

How to Ace an Interview

So I rocked that job interview! Yeah Me! I went to the info session the night before and felt like I was out of my element, to the point where I thought about not going to the interview the next day. But I had bought a new suit and it would be rude if I didn’t show up so I went. The interview was very informal and they asked questions like “Who or what motivates you?” “When did you first realize that you wanted to do non-profit work?” and “What book would you recommend I read?” The funny part about the last question was that I recommended a book that the interviewer was currently reading! Sometimes I so rock I can hardly stand it! ;-) (The book, by the way, was Manifesta: Young Women, Feminism, and the Future) So at the end of the interview I was asked to go to Philadelphia for a second interview on March 6th. I was shocked to say the least, I didn't think I had a chance to go on to the next round. But Heay I am not complaining. I’m really looking forward to going. Even if I don't get the job it should be a fun day.

So anyway, it’s Mardi Gras and I am planning on going out and making some boy buy me some drinks. But, I have a paper to type and I should get to it. Hmmm… alcohol or paper… alcohol or paper… the eternal college student question. I think I’m going to go with the alcohol and type my paper in the morning. Maybe I’ll even flash my boobs for some beads. Now that sounds like a plan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home