Tuesday, March 09, 2004

We're Taking the Puppy. The Champagne is Optional.

Philly. Spring Break 2004. Elisha, Jason and I headed out Friday night and drove to Philadelphia. We hadn’t made any hotel reservations and the city was booked for the flower show. So Elisha and I had to use our girlish charm (and our cleavage) in order to get ourselves into a room. It worked. Seriously, the Women’s Studies program is going to kick me out one of these days.

Saturday was my interview and it went really well. Do I think I got the job? Well, no. I was there against other applicants from NYU, Penn, Columbia and Dickenson. And they are only hiring about 150 people out of about 1500 second round interviewees. However, the woman representing the political writers approached me and complemented me on my essay. I’ll take that as a good sign. So we will see. They told us that we would know either way in about two weeks. I’ll keep you updated.

Even if I don’t get the job I had a blast in Philly. It was my first time there and it was a beautiful city. Saturday night we all went out and hit South Street. We ate cheesesteaks. Elisha got a tattoo. (Very hot.) Then we all went to a bar and had to drive to NJ for another room.

Sunday we went back to the city and visited the Kimmel Centre for the Performing Arts. It is a beautiful building and they had a wonderful Irish music group performing. A little kid got up and danced around. It was seriously one of the cutest things I have ever seen. We also went to the Rocky steps and I resisted the urge to dance around. Trust me it was hard to do.

Every time I go to a city it strengthens my resolve to move to one. I’m even thinking of actually living within the city limits and not in the suburbs. I figure I’m young, I like cities, and I might as well do this while I have the chance. I love the lifestyle and the culture that abounds in a city. It’s definitely different then Bellefonte and State College. And I think that is exactly what I need.


PS: A really big Thank You to both Elisha and Jason for getting my ass to the city. You two are the best.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home